Sunday, December 30, 2007

I digress...


As all my close friends know, my heart has been in Africa for as long as I can remember. I made many friends within the African community during the 11 years I lived in Seattle. With every new technology I became acquainted, my first question was always, how could this make the lives of Africans better?


I longed to visit Sub-saharan Africa and it wasn't until February 2007, I first experienced Cameroun, up close and personal! My then fiance now husband, Antoine wanted me to experience his home, Cameroun, and give Camerounians a chance to experience me, in order to determine whether or not I would be accepted as their next First Lady. The welcome I received was more than I could have imagined and one which touched my very soul.

I have enclosed a link to an interview we gave to a US newspaper while visiting my mother in Kane, Pennsylvania this past June. I wanted to give everyone here, an opportunity to read the article, in full, as it gives a better description of what has influenced us, from our ancestors, our past and now as it relates to the present and the future of Cameroun(ians) and Africans. It is amazing to be able to point someone to do a general search on Google, put in my name or my husband's name, and voila! We're there forever more.

http://www.kanerepublican.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3536

I invite you to share this blog with all your friends, relatives, acquaintances, co-workers, in short anyone who would like to experience this with us as things unfold.

We have had some mystical, indeed magical experiences since landing on December 8, 2007 and I'm happy to recount them in the coming days. Keep tuning in...you're bound to learn not only about what this experience is for me personally, but some of what we're fighting for as champions at home (Cameroun) as well as in the international community.

Cameroun(ians), you have no idea the passion, strength and determination to which I have committed to defending your rights, improving your lives and the lives of your children; your hearth and home, bringing all the resources at my disposal to you and yours, but you will!

We are blessed, as it is only by God's grace that I could ever have the courage to be here in Cameroun and attempt what many will say is "the impossible dream".

With love to you all...

Anita Lynne NDEMMANU